Saturday 11 October 2014

Early October Haul!



Prynhawn Da! (Casually throwing in some Welsh!)
Apologies for the long break between posts. Year 2 is finally catching up with me!
Some good news though, I've been elected as the president of the Ancient History Society! YASSSSS.

Anyhoo, here are my most recent purchases.




I've purchased a few bits and bobs from elf before, but only a few brushes and eyeshadows. I was walking past their store in the Royal Arcade and saw this being displayed in the window. It wasbeing sold for £5 instead of £15, so I immediately purchased it. I've been looking to buy a big palette for a while, and this caught my eye as it contains both neutral and vibrant colour shades. The pigmentation on a few of the colours is not that great to be honest, but it can be fixed with some use of an eyeshadow primer and dampening the brush before use. But for £5, I am over the moon!





I decided I would try out a look with a few of my other purchases, such as the lashes and small angled brush from elf, as well as my B brand purchases from Superdrug. This small angled brush is going to be used with my Rimmel Gel eyeliner, which I've unfortunately lost the applicator too! This was £3.95 which I thought was a good price for a brush with precision application and nice feeling bristles. 
In the picture, I am using the B Prepared primer which was 9.99. The primer works really well for me, and I didn't even need to apply that much foundation as most of my pores were covered up.
I bought the lipgloss as well as it was on BOGOF offer! The lipgloss is absolutely fabulous and it is so bright, but it doesn't last that long. I'm on that purple hype...





I've always hated false eyelashes as they seemed so incompatible with my Asian, short, spiky, eyelashes. These were only 1.99 so I thought if it went wrong, it wouldn't have cost me that much. After a bit of trimming and experimenting with the glue, it turned out that I did like these. I will definitely buy them again! They stayed on for the whole day, and I didn't feel like I was wearing any at all.


I've recently run out of my revlon colorstay eyeliner, and I was getting sick of the brushes that ended up being terrible towards the end of the products life. I saw this advertised on tv recently and I thought why not give it a go! So far it has served me well. It's so much easier applying liquid eyeliner now!


It's been an eventful few weeks, and the next month is going to be even busier! Not looking forward to all the stress ugh, but on the upside, it's Halloween soon!


Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment